Set up a local workspace
These steps are very important. They allow you to focus on the content and ensure that the code formatting always goes well.
This guide explains how to set up your environment for development of JabRef. It includes information about prerequisites, configuring your IDE, and running JabRef locally to verify your setup. Please follow the steps one-by-one.
First, we work on prerequisites (software, account, code fork) you need to get started to develop JabRef. Then, we work on a proper IDE setup.
Table of contents
- Pre Condition 1: GitHub Account
- Pre Condition 2: Required Software
- Pre Condition 3: Code on the local machine
- Step 1: Get the code into IntelliJ
- Step 2: Setup the build system: JDK and Gradle
- Step 3: Using JabRef’s code style
- Advanced: Eclipse as IDE
- Advanced: VS Code as IDE
- Trouble shooting