- Deciders: Oliver Kopp
Technical Story: 6574-Adding support for biblatex-software
Right now, JabRef does not have support for Biblatex-Software out of the box, users have to add custom entry types. With citing software becoming fairly common, native support is helpful.
- None of the existing flows should be impacted
- Add the new entry types to the existing biblatex types
- Add a divider with label Biblatex-Software under which the new entries are listed: Native support for Biblatex-Software
- Support via customized entry types: A user can load a customized bib file
Chosen option: “Add a new divider”, because comes out best (see below).
- Inbuilt coverage for a entry type that is getting more and more importance
- Adds a little bit more clutter to the Add Entry pane
- Good, because there is no need for a new category in the add entry pane
Add a divider with label Biblatex-Software under which the new entries are listed: Native support for Biblatex-Software
- Good, since this gives the user a bit more clarity
- Good, because no code needs to be changed
- Bad, because documentation is needed
- Bad, because the users are not guided through the UI, but have to do other steps.